Sunday, August 1, 2010

In Reykyavik

ENG: It's LouPhi. I hitchhiked today to Reykyavik after waiting 1h30 on the ring road. I am staying at the salvation army (where I met a Belgian friend of Pierre Soete, see last years' Everest expedition). I will put photos ad add text to the previous posts early August, stay tuned. I am very skinny but will fid a scale to know how much I've lost. I will also upload the entire GPS route (700 points or so) on my main website for download. Arriving in the capital, I was already in the news (online) as someone would have followed the blog. Tomorrow I will go to RUV TV studio for giving video and interview. I expect to meet Halldor Kvaran and the pulkahut then take the plane and arrive in Paris at 6.30 am on Monday and at work at 10 in Brussels. Thanks for all comments, I will reply later.
I ate almost nothing yesterday night (100gr of chocolate left) but today my breakfast at 1pm consisted of 5 snickers + 1 foot long subway + 6inch inch subway sandwich.

I have a lot of surprises and stunning HD video and photos. Winter possible ? maybe, I'll have to try but with equipment and sponsors. No more glaciers without crampons, promised !

FRA:

NL:

7 comments:

tonioto said...

BRAVO LOUPHI !
YOU DID IT AGAIN !
Impatient de voir les photos ;-) et toi en bonne sante !!
Anthony

Edith said...

Bravo, t'avons suivi et encouragé de loin! a demain!

Unknown said...

Felicitations Louphi !!! Fier de toi !!
J'espere que tout s'est bien passé, hate de voir tes videos !!!
Bon retour a toi !
Thomas

wab said...

Ben oui, glacier sans crampons...prise de risque inutile!!
Mieux vaut que ca te serve de leçon maintenant.
Si tu veux venir t'entrainer a la marche avec crampons, passe par gap!
Glacier des ecrins et du champsaur sont pas loin.
Abdon

chtitepom said...

Bravo Louphi!
Impressionnant, comme toujours! J ai adore les videos de la preparation. On attend les videos du pendant.
Bon retour a Bruxelles, mange bien, repose toi bien!
Steph d Hambourg

Geoffroy said...

Super Louphi !
Félicitations !

Prochain objectif après l'Islande en hivers : mars ? ;-)

Alastair said...

well done!